COVID-19 Guidance for Travellers to Canada and in Canada
Last updated: October 11, 2022
COVID-19 Guidance for Travellers
Traveling looks a bit different these days! Before you embark on your next trip, prepare by referring to the curated checklists of resources below–one for pre-trip planning and one for when you’re ready for takeoff.
Latest Update: Effective October 1, the Government of Canada has removed all COVID-19 travel and border measures. Learn more here.
Though we make every effort to update this checklist routinely, travel regulations and/or restrictions are continually changing and there may be delays in immediate updates. This checklist is designed as a place to start, not a definitive source.
✓ Check that your passport is up to date. Click here to learn more about required documentation when entering Canada.
✓ Review the current travel restrictions before booking your flight, transport, accommodation and/or other activities.
✓ Ensure you have everything needed for your flight or mode of transport. For updated requirements of what’s required of travellers onboard flights, click here.
✓ If flying, check your flight status and plan for additional time at the airport—refer to your air carrier or airport recommendations.
✓ You’re all set! We can’t wait to welcome you soon. To get inspired for your adventure ahead, check out some of our favourite videos.
Prevention and Planning
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is actively monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus). You can find preventative information here on the PHAC’s website or call the Health Canada COVID-19 information line at 1-833-784-4397 for further information.
- Travellers are encouraged to read the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) travel health notices here.
- For the latest official government of Canada updates on travel restrictions, please visit the PHAC website.
Flights and Border Services
For everything you need to know to prepare for a worry-free flight to or in Canada, please visit the Government of Canada website. This resource includes information about airports, identification requirements and more.
- Call the Health Canada COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)’s website for the latest update on COVID-19.
- Follow Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, on Twitter: @CPHO_Canada