COVID-19 Guidance for Travellers to Canada and in Canada
Last updated: November 30, 2021
Guidance for Travellers
Destination Canada is committed to providing accurate resources and information for travellers in and to Canada. We have curated reputable links to sites about COVID-19 below, so you can easily access the resources you need to make informed travel decisions.
The Canada border is open to travellers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with exceptions) as of September 7, 2021.
Please consult the Government of Canada website for the latest federal government travel requirements: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
Find out if you can travel to Canada
Travellers should check if they are eligible to enter Canada and meet all entry requirements before heading to the border. In addition, some provinces and territories may have their own entry restrictions in place. Check and follow both the federal and any provincial or territorial restrictions and requirements before travelling.
Government of Canada and WHO information
- The latest border information is here.
- The latest Government of Canada information for travel is here.
- The latest World Health Organization (WHO) information is here.
Prevention and Planning
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is actively monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus). You can find preventative information here on the PHAC’s website or call the Health Canada COVID-19 information line at 1-833-784-4397 for further information.
- Travellers are encouraged to read the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) travel health notices here.
- For the latest official government of Canada updates on travel restrictions, please visit the PHAC website.
Flights and Border Services
For everything you need to know to prepare for a worry-free flight to or in Canada, please visit the Government of Canada website - this resource includes information about airports, requirements, proof of vaccination and more.
Travel to Canada is going to be a little different than it was prior to the pandemic, but the measures in place are in the interest of everyone. We encourage all travellers to be fully informed of the pre-entry and on-arrival public health and testing requirements both federally and provincially.
- This includes the mandatory use of the ArriveCAN app
- Travellers should plan for extra time in the lead up, and upon the arrival of their trip
- For the latest information on travel to Canada, please visit the Government of Canada website
- Call the Health Canada COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email: email@example.com
- Visit the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)’s website for the latest update on COVID-19.
- Follow Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, on Twitter: @CPHO_Canada